Sunday, February 1, 2009

How To Paint My Waverunner Gp1200

truncated icosahedron

Since I decided to take a little this blog, hopefully weekly, I post pictures that have some months now but I like.
At the Science Festival, we presented the students' work on polyhedra. They showed visitors the different ways to make that I have outlined a few posts.
Among the most intense and dramatic, students and visitors have mounted a truncated icosahedron of 2.50 meters high.
I want this technique from a colleague, Francis Gaudel, who made a truncated icosahedron 5 meters high among other wonderful things. I admire the logistics that must be implemented to transport the parts. Hardly hold my pieces in my car. The so
rose is made with bamboo stakes, flexible, lightweight and cheap, to which are screwed to the end of pitons. It manufactures 20
hexagons starting with the two equilateral triangles entanglement and six-pointed star to make it stable. This requires 120 rods of length A and length rods 12O * A root of 3.
Similarly, we need to make two pentagons on the 12, the other appearing hollow. These two pentagons constitute the "poles". So 10 more in length A and 10 A * phi length the diagonals.
To ensure the roundness of the object, it takes a softer diagonal length A * Phi on pentagons, thus creating "tropical"


0 comments:

Post a Comment