Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Blur Vision And Finger Tingle

In the early hours of the day. Jason Webley

Published April 7, 2009

I think it's time I take a look at my inbox. I think I'll take the last half-dozen emails and replying rather than select them. Let's see what it's going to give:

I use XP Professional SP3. I have three internal hard drives and two external drives. Sometimes the letters of my internal hard drive are replaced by that of the external hard drive. I do not know where the problem is. Can you help me?

I'm afraid not.



Hello My question is related to the upcoming tour. For dedications, could I bring my copy of Sandman? Or do you just sign your last book?

Thanks for your time. Darrell Moher.


When I'm on tour for book signings, you can bring everything suscpetible to be signed, but I am not sure of being on tour now.

Hello Neil,

Here is a question somewhat indirectly but I'm starting. Not long ago, I discovered a character whose name was Grace de Dieu Milacar, which made me think of your regiment of witch-hunter with the same kind of name. I learned that there was a 17th century English economist whose name was at-Less-Than-Jesus-Do-Or-Death-For-Those-Who-Have-Summer Condemns Barbon, apparently son of God Rent-Let-Barbon. I was wondering if Mr Barbon had been an inspiration for the names of characters from "Good Omens"? Or have you had a different source of inspiration?

~ Kathryn


There were many names as Puritans. I do not think I have been inspired by these same names. A little research on Google shows a lot:
http://gaminggeeks.org/Resources/KateMonk/England-Medieval/Puritan.htm

I wondered who had imagined the image of Robin Goodfellow in "The Kindly Ones ". Was it you or the artist? And what was his ispiratrice?

I've never seen such a representation of him, and I was intrigued.


Charles Vess has created this version Robin Goodfellow in Sandman # 19, based on my script. ABSOLUTE SANDMAN Volume 1 contains the original script drafts and the "Dream of a Summer Night. If you read this, everything should become clear.

Goodnight



I am a very big fan (as if you've never heard it)! Imagine my surprise when I saw you enter Amazing Thailand in Uptown April 5 (I was in the group ahead of the window). I must confess, I have keeps me on my chair and did not throw myself on you and ask for an autograph. In any case, I wanted to sire j'adorece that you do, especially the movie "Coraline." I'm trying to convince my husband is a perfect name for a future daughter. I hope you enjoyed your meal as much as me (it's really good!).

Mary

Thanks. I certainly was very nice, although somewhat disconcerting, if you were sprung on me to make me sign something, and I'm even sure I was very happy to sign. And yes, it was very good.

Many people, including my parents, doubt my vocation to become a writer and artist, both for comic books. Before you trade you have now, how many times people have doubted that you would become the brilliant author that you are now?



Max

I do not think anyone will ever think I'll become the writer I am now, not even me. I'm not sure how it happened. I liked the idea of a world in which I could support my family by creating things and setting them on paper, and it was pretty hard the first years.

Neil:



I noticed that since you are on Twitter, you do not post all the days on your blog. I guess as time goes on Twitter is good for your friends and inform them of what you do, but why should we suffer, us humble fans?

I had not realized that my humble suffering fans. Sorry.


I blogging less mainly because I blogging less before. I post on this blog for over eight years, for a total of 1.4 million words (see stats), and I blogging less these days, first because I'm like "I talked about this the other ...", because my most interesting project I'm working on is envore secret and I can not talk, and mostly because I really did not have time.

The amount of emails has never been as important, the number of invitations, requests, everything, is enormous, and this year, from the film "Coraline," the Newbery (which also means even more people ask me to do things) and try to have a family life, and I spend most of my time, it all take care too.


The limit was that I blogging here until all this looks like work. It is not yet, but it has never been so close, partly because I've never so much lack of time.

(This post is written because I wake up after 3-4 hours of sleep, I realized that I was completely awake, and I turned on my computer to answer a few emails.)


Twitter is interesting and relatively new, I am fascinated by the possibilities offered. It's not like a blog, but in the same genre, it amuses me to see that 3 or 4 posts 140 letters (that's 25 words on average) on Twitter encourages people to ask me or I find time surfing on Twitter. This is not a very reliable tool: I can be offline during the day, or even a few hours, and Magnifier 1500 messages sent to me.

...

Some links: criticism of A Walking Tour of the Shambles by the site Onion.

The great SF writer Fred Pohl blogging.

It seems that Coraline will be released in Australia in August next and not in May (not good) and that he no longer called "Coraline and the secret door" (Good!)

A glorious critical Blueberry Girl on Newsrama.

And the nominees for the Galaxy Award Chinese were ads.

0 comments:

Post a Comment